- Win32 and Win64 Portable Executable Files (*.exe);
- Dynamic Link Libraries (*.dll);
- .NET Executables (*.exe).
- Windows Screen Saver Files (*.scr);
- ActiveX Component Files (*.ocx);
In this context the term “protection” means realization of two major ideas. The first one is “try before you buy” concept support system (the mentioned concept is the main principle of the shareware marketing method). And the second one is protection of program module machine code from analysis and cracking. As it can be seen, the protection is realized in different, but nevertheless greatly interrelated aspects which are protection of the developer’s economic interests and technical protection of a software product. Later we will consider these ideas in more detail.